6.02.2009

Bridesmaid Dress, Finally

Since January I have been searching for a navy blue cotton sundress for my mom's wedding. This resulted in many hours search the web that should have been spent studying, many shopping trips, and many angry yells about the lack of navy blue this season.
A week ago my mom and I were at the mall so she could get a purse repaired and I could stop by work to fill out direct deposit paperwork and we decided to pop into Gap on the off chance they were using navy blue this summer.... best decision ever!It was a little too flowy on my around the middle (made look a touch prego) so my mom suggested the whole wide belt around the middle to cinch it in... after I made sure she was ok with it in her wedding pictures (her response was, and I quote If Michelle Obama does it, its ok with me) so we grabbed:
except instead of brown its a metallic gold...
After that I picked up some metallic gold flops from American Eagle that don't make that clomp soung like most leather flops do....
I love casual weddings.... so comfy!

Also, on an unrelated note.. I am teaching my black lab how to jump and put his paws on the counter when begging because I was bored during dinner.... I feel like it will be amusing to see how it plays out... in my defense my soon to be stepdad has taken my two unruly dogs and trained them to be well behaved and polite and this could not continue...

5 comments:

Heather said...

for some reason your blog isn't showing up in my google reader... so i didn't see these posts. but i love the dress. very cute!!

i haven't thought to check out j's girlfriend via FB. am doing it right now!!

Unknown said...

The dress came out fantastic, thanks for sharing!

Nicolette
http://www.furnitureanddesignideas.com

Concrete Ellicott City, MD said...

HAHA so funny about the dog!

<3 Lindsay

vanessa said...

hey there! i love the post! on a related note, any dress or any clothes for that matter can be mixed and matched but if you add a belt to the attire, you would surely surely liven the look up and the clothes won't be noticed if it is new or old.. ΓΌ

College and Career Planning said...

Yes mixed and match with black and brown is good. They compliment for the occasion.